GDPR, online security, risk awareness and privacy are just some of the topics that will be up for discussion at the third annual Dublin Information Sec 2018 which will take place on October 15 in the RDS Dublin.
The event, which is being organised by INM and sponsored by OneTrust, a global leader in privacy management and marketing compliance software, will be chaired by INM’s technology editor Adrian Weckler.
“With GDPR now in place, IT security is the most important tech consideration that most companies face. Every week I see examples of organisations, both in the private and public sectors, that are hit with serious data breaches or attacks. In many cases, it’s because they haven’t put in place modern practices and systems for their security hygiene. This conference is all about helping organisations to do that. We’ll have an excellent mix of practical tips and high level overviews on the biggest issues threatening your organisation,” says Weckler.
The keynote speaker at Dublin Information Sec 18 is Mikko Hypponen, is an international expert on computer security who is credited with tracking down the authors of the very first PC virus, and Chief Research Officer at cyber security firm F-Secure.
“As a leader in global privacy and marketing compliance software, we are proud to sponsor Dublin Information Sec 2018 and to be a part of the Irish privacy community and its important role in driving privacy forward as a discipline in industry. It is a critical time for privacy and security teams to work together to meet the needs of both teams and best protect the business and their customers,” says Kevin Kiley, Vice President of Sales & Business Development at OneTrust.
Cliona Carroll, Sponsorship and Events Manager, INM added: “As the third annual Dublin Information Sec is announced, we are delighted to welcome our gold sponsor OneTrust, a global leader in privacy management and marketing compliance software. Together with OneTrust and a panel of top data privacy and cyber security industry experts, Dublin Information Sec 2018 promises to fully address the cyber security agenda for senior management in businesses and organisations.”
Confirmed speakers at Dublin Information Sec 2018 include:
- Mikko Hypponen, keynote speaker, cyber security and privacy expert
- Rahim Jina, chief operating officer and co-founder of Edgescan
- Debbie Power, IoT Vodafone Ireland
- Michael Gubbins, Head of Garda Cyber Crime Unit
- Kevin Kiley, Vice President of Sales & Business Development at OneTrust, a global leader in privacy management software
- Bill Buchanan, Professor in the School of Computing at Edinburgh Napier University
- Dr Ciarán McMahon, Director of the Institute of Cyber Security and academic psychologist
- Maria Farrell, writer and tech policy consultant, previously worked for ICANN, the World Bank, the International Chamber of Commerce, the Confederation of British Industry and the Law Society of England and Wales
- Brian Honan, CEO, BH Consulting, cyber security consultant
- Sharon O’Reilly, GRC/GDPR Consultant with IT Governance
- Daragh O’Brien, Founder, Castlebridge, specialising in Information Trust
- James Chappell, co-founder and chief innovation officer, digital shadows
For more information and to book tickets go to www.independent.ie/infosec18