Jenny Radcliffe, a leading authority on the human element of security has been announced as the latest speaker to address Ireland’s third annual cyber security conference Dublin Information Sec 2018. The conference will take place on Monday October 15th in the RDS, Dublin.
At Dublin Information Sec 18 Jenny Radcliffe will speak on ‘people hacking’ and the threat of Social Engineering (the human element of security) using psychological methods, to organisations of all sizes. Radcliffe is set to share her knowledge as a tool in the prevention of attacks and scams.
The organiser of the event, INM has also announced that the mobile security firm CWSI is the gold sponsor of the conference.
Ronan Murphy, Founder and CEO of CWSI, a gold sponsor of Dublin Information Sec 2018, works with leading Irish and UK businesses, and state agencies, to help them monitor and manage security around their employees corporate and personal mobile devices. He says; “Dublin Information Sec 2018 is one of the most important conferences of the year. It’s a great opportunity to meet and hear from the leading voices in the industry from home and abroad about how to better understand and manage the growing cyber security risks posed by the drive to mobile-first business model. We are delighted to support the conference.”
Dublin Information Sec 2018 will highlight the cyber security risks and threats for Irish businesses and organisations, outlining tools and strategies to protect against breaches and attacks.
Among the topics to be explored at Dublin Information Sec 18 are: Data privacy and regulation including the GDPR; emerging mass security issues with a focus on cloud and mobile security; current risks and threats – Ransomware and Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks; Internet of Things (IoT); as well as, improved security measures and security infrastructure.
The event will be chaired by Adrian Weckler, Technology Editor INM.
Cliona Carroll, Sponsorship and Events Manager, INM added: “We are delighted to welcome speaker Jenny Radcliffe, an authority on the human factor of security, to our panel of cyber security experts. We also welcome new gold sponsor CWSI to the third annual Dublin Information Sec.”
Dublin Information Sec 2018 is an Independent News and Media event, please log onto www.independent.ie/infosec18 for further information and tickets.
Confirmed speakers at Dublin Information Sec 2018 include:
- Mikko Hypponen, keynote speaker, cyber security and privacy expert
- Jenny Radcliffe, aka ‘The People Hacker’, expert on the human element of security
- Rahim Jina, chief operating officer and co-founder of Edgescan
- Debbie Power, IoT Vodafone Ireland
- Michael Gubbins, Head of Garda Cyber Crime Unit
- Kevin Kiley, Vice President of Sales & Business Development at OneTrust, a global leader in privacy management software
- Bill Buchanan, Professor in the School of Computing at Edinburgh Napier University
- Dr Ciarán McMahon, Director of the Institute of Cyber Security and academic psychologist
- Maria Farrell, writer and tech policy consultant, previously worked for ICANN, the World Bank, the International Chamber of Commerce, the Confederation of British Industry and the Law Society of England and Wales
- Brian Honan, CEO, BH Consulting, cyber security consultant
- Sharon O’Reilly, GRC/GDPR Consultant with IT Governance
- Daragh O’Brien, Founder, Castlebridge, specialising in Information Trust
- James Chappell, co-founder and chief innovation officer, digital shadows.