The chairman of the judging panel for the Media Awards 2014 is Stuart Taylor, the CEO of Kinetic UK, the world’s leading out of home media planning and buying company and part of WPP.
Taylor is one of the most respected media professionals in the UK and prior to joining Kinetic in 2013, he was CEOP of Guardian Media Group Radio before it was sold to Global Radio. He also sat on the board of the Guardian Media Group and chaired its GMG Property Services Group. He is also a former director of Seven, a digital and print content marketing agency. He also sat on the boards of Digital Radio UK, RadioPlayer and Radio Centre.
Stuart joined GMG Radio after a long and distinguished career at sister company Guardian News and Media, where he was Commercial Director and also General Manager of the Guardian. Responsible for all commercial activity at GNM, Stuart played a major role in developing online revenue streams for guardian.co.uk and the transformation of both the Guardian and the Observer newspapers into the innovative Berliner format. He was appointed Commercial Director of GNM in 2004 and before that was Advertisement Director. He was named Sales Director of the Year on three occasions by Campaign magazine and was a founding director and Chair of the Newspaper Marketing Agency, now called Newsworks.
This year’s judging panel will include a number of other international judges as well as a strong panel of Irish media industry executives including the following:
- Jimmy Cashen, Managing Director, PML
- Noyona Chundur, Head of Corporate Marketing, Invest Northern Ireland
- Paul Hutchinson, Sales Director, UTV TV
- Darren Jackson, General Manager, PML
- Colin Leahy, Managing Director, CBS Outdoor
- Robert Lyle, Media Director, Lyle Bailie
- Simon Mann, Commercial Director, Downtown Radio / Cool FM
- Patrick McConville, Planning Director, ICAN
- Wendy McKnight, Media Director, Genesis Advertising
- Ian McShane, Managing Director, Behaviour & Attitudes
Over the coming weeks, the organisers will make a number of other key announcements concerning new judges and new event partners and sponsors.
For more information visit www.mediaawards.ie